Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Craig Mini-Reunion in Heber City

This weekend my dad's side of the family had a mini reunion up at this beautiful cabin in Timber Lakes. Parts of the family couldn't come so that's why it's a mini reunion. McKay and I got up there late Friday night. It seemed like it took forever to get there, but when we finally did it was worth it. This cabin was so stunning. With all of its small charming details. My favorite part of the entire place was the big beautiful master bathroom. It was so spacious and the shower you could have had a party in there!


This is my dream bathroom! Too bad the picture doesn't show the grandeur of the bathroom.


It was 10:30 p.m. when we finally reached there and the entire family hung out on the couch and watched a slide show that was put together for my Grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary. It was so cool to see my Grandparents when they were younger. I have to admit they were total hotties! I got a couple good shots of my Grandpa and I. I love him so much. I love it how he sticks his tongue out at my Grandma when she's lectures us grandchildren. I also love it how he's diabetic and how he doesn't have to take any insulin because he has so much self control. I have to admit I have a sugar addiction, and to have that much control is something worthy of noting.


Hanging out with my Grandpa and my Auntie Caroline.

Lucky for McKay and I we had the honor of sharing a bunkbed with my parents and my lil brother. The bunkbeds were awesome and very roomy, but at 3 a.m. I was awaken by my father snoring. So I got up and slept on the couch. Around 5 a.m. someone had set the alarm on the cell phone, so I woke up walked up stairs and turned it off. A hour later on the couch I could hear people go to the bathroom. I didn't get much sleep.

That next morning we woke up to this


This is my cousin Ethan. He was the lucky one in the family who got cool and crazy hair. Look at how curly it is. He's a cool kid, he even let me take pictures of it.

This is a close up of it, it's the kinkiest hair I've ever seen!

He even let me part it and play with it too.

So Saturday morning comes around and we can't decide on an activity that the whole family wanted to do. We didn't leave the house until 12. We decided that everyone did their own activity to make everyone happy. In the end this became a bummer! I spent my whole day driving back and forth from Park City to Heber and didn't even get to see the Outlet Mall! But I did get to see some of the Park City Parade of Homes. Ehh, wasn't too impressed. Yes, all of those homes are big and beautiful, but they all look the same and felt the same. I like homes that are charming, inviting, homey, and have a lot of color. We saw two homes and by that time it was ready for dinner.

Erin and I in the back of the car, this was at 5 p.m. and we still hadn't done anything that day. We keep ourselves entertained.


Look at this random blow up toy we saw at Park City Mountain Resort. I think its King Kong vs. a dinosaur. If I was a kid, I'd be too scared to go on that.

We ate dinner.

My cousins tried to throw gummy bears off of high landings and catch them in their mouths.

My cousin Landon and his wife Holly. SUU forever!


McKay tried out the swing they had tied up to the timbers.

McKay trying out the hammock. It's funny he told me that he saw my dad do a backwards summersalt while trying to get on the hammock.

I don't know what I'm doing. I guess I was trying to look sophisicated.


Us girls hanging out in the hot tub. The sky looked so beautiful. You could see the Milky Way so well. We had a conversation how the universe is so big that we can't be the only living things in the universe. It we were that would be a big waste of space.

In the end, I did get to squeeze in a photo of our lovely selves.

No comments: