Thursday, February 16, 2012

No energy, the peach baby, dog time, Valentine's, and a baby in a baby stroller

This week at the Killpack home hasn't been that exciting.  Nobody told me how tired and the lack of energy I would have when you're pregnant.  I feel bad, whenever I would talk to pregnant girls in the past and they would complain to me about how tired they are, I didn't really understand what they meant by that and thought they were just complainers.  Now, I've become one of those complaining pregnant women about having no energy.  This baby is sucking every ounce of energy I have.  

On Friday I had my second OB appointment.  I was able to hear the heartbeat and it was loud and clear.  The part of pregnancy that I don't understand is the "weeks" part of it.  On my "What To Expect When Expecting" App on my iphone, it says that I'm 10 weeks, but when I went to my appointment the nurse told me I was 13 weeks along.  Huh?  Explain that one to me.  Right now the baby is the size of a peach.  Because we don't know the sex of the baby, McKay and I like to call it the "Peach Baby."  A couple weeks ago it was called the "Lime Baby."  

When I got home from work on Friday late afternoon, it was beautiful outside, so I decided to take Winston on a walk.   


On our way home we stopped and made a friend.


Friday night we grabbed something to eat at Noodles & Co.  I really like their Japanese Pan Noodles, it's delicious and has a lot of veggies in it.  We ran a quick trip to Lowe's, came home made some of these delicious devils (we like to eat them with ice cream), and watched Dateline about Josh Powell and how he murdered his two boys.  One thing I love about McKay is how he gets so angry and upset when justice is not being served.  This entails a lot of yelling at the TV because he feels so frustration on how the court system couldn't protect those boys, and how evil Josh was to chop his kids up and burn his house down.    The scones helped McKay calm down a little bit.

Saturday morning was a lazy morning.  Winston and I like to take naps together, right now he loves to put his head on my belly, maybe he knows something is different about me.          


Bless McKay's heart, he's not the best when it comes to surprises and especially Valentine's Day.  Over the years I've scared him when it comes to this love holiday.  Our first years of being together, I admit it, I had high expectations.  When my expectations weren't met, I would get upset.  Therefore, I've made McKay afraid of Valentine's Day where he this holiday with a passion.  I've changed a lot over the years and now my expectations have diminished significantly.  Monday night, I kindly reminded McKay that tomorrow was Valentine's Day, and that I didn't expect a lot, but I did expect something.  This something doesn't have to be a dozen red roses or a extravagant date.  All I wanted was to know that he went out of his way to think of me and do something that shows me he loves me.  That's it.  McKay was acting weird Monday night, I finally asked him what was the matter; he told me he was scared because he hadn't planned anything and how much he hated Valentine's Day because there's so much pressure.  He later told me that night he said a prayer that I wouldn't be upset on Valentine's Day.  

I was surprised, McKay came through.  I was at work when he calls me and asks what I'm doing.  I say I was about to go eat my lunch; he told me not to eat lunch because he was going to get off early and wanted to go out to lunch.  I thought that was sweet and I accepted.  I've been craving some Pho, so we went to this Vietnamese restaurant in Layton called Kim Long's.  I thought it was pretty good.  Having a late lunch on Valentine's Day is the best time to go because no one eats lunch around 3:00 p.m.  I think McKay and I are going to do a tradition of this from now on.  It was so nice to go home early and have McKay be home.  He normally doesn't get off work until 7:30-8:00 p.m., so it's always dark when he gets home.  I took a nice nap on the couch while McKay played with Winston.  Later that night we went over to my parents where we had a couple Papa Murphy's pizzas and watched the sad Jazz game.  It turned out to be a very good Valentine's Day.  Thanks McKay and love you!

Yesterday, we had an arrival!  Our stroller came in the mail!  I was so excited I was able to put it together all by myself!  I wanted to try the stroller out, but it was cold and snowy outside.  So I used the next best thing I had for a baby and pushed him around in it.  By the look on his face he might be pretending he liked it.  


No comments: