Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A blast from the past

This pains me whenever I think about it.  Three years ago, when McKay and I moved from Provo to Orem, I didn't have enough room in our apartment to store all of my: baby pictures, journals, the baby blessing quilt my Grandma Craig gave me, and everything that meant the world to me.  To make room I put all of these belongings in a box and stored it in my in-laws garage.  When we moved  into our house a year ago, I was really excited to open up this box and to go through it and organize it.  Sniff, sniff, sniff, I was never able to find this box.  I've searched through every box in our house, went through every nook and cranny in my in-laws garage, and even looked at my parents house.  The box is nowhere to be found.  So now, I don't have any pictures of me growing up.  Every night when I go to bed, I say a prayer that I'll be able to find this box.  I have faith I'll find it one day, but dammit, I want to find that box!  

Whenever I come across a picture of me, I've gotten in the habit of scanning it, so I can start a library of me.  I came across this picture and thought it was so cute and funny.  My sisters and I in matching Easter dresses.  I posted this on Facebook and we had a lot of people respond back.  Some of the responses were, "You need to re-create this!"  Melanie was in town and McKay and I were over at my parents on Sunday for Superbowl, we thought, "let's do this!"



I know were not in matching dresses but you can get the gist of it.  I have two very beautiful sisters.  I love their red hair, I was always envious of them because growing up people would come up to them and say, "what beautiful red headed children you have," and never say anything to me :(  I got over it.  I look pregnant in this picture.  Oh well, five more glorious months of great pictures.  

No comments: