Tuesday, January 31, 2012

An Unbiased Perspective



It's been a year since McKay and I moved into our house, and we've been steadily remodeling things in our house.  Our living room, which is the first room you see when you walk into our house needs a lot of work.  It's a long rectangle room and McKay and I could never agree on how to decorate the space.  McKay grew up thinking everything has to match and he likes more traditional/modern design. I'm the totally opposite.  I love eclectic spaces with lots of textures, colors, because that's how I am. This was becoming so frustrating to me because now the baby is due in August, I have a goal to get this room done, because I know I won't have the time, money, or energy to tackle this with a newborn.  

I found this blog called Third Floor Design, the designer is named Kimberly Moore.  I really liked the spaces she designed and decided I wanted her to give McKay and I an unbiased perspective on how we should design our living room.  Kimberly was great to work with, we did everything over e-mail, this saves a lot of money!  When I received the mood board, I loved it. It has a perfect balance of McKay's traditional and modern and with my eclectic mix.  She also gave me plans for where to place our furniture, examples of how to arrange art on the wall, paint colors, and a guide to where I need to purchase these items, she created my personal pinterest board with her inspirations.  If you're struggling with designing a space, like McKay and I were, I would recommend going this route.  It's a lot cheaper doing an e-design, where you send lots of pictures of the space, measurements, and a list of things that you need and want in the room.  It's going to take us a few months to get this all together, but when I do, I will post the pictures here.  

No comments: