Thursday, July 14, 2011

My first golf experience

My father is an avid golfer. I really never paid attention to the ancient game growing up. I would go with my Dad sometimes just so I could drive the golf cart. I had the opportunity to play my first round of golf in a tournament. Long story short, I was invited to play at an annual golf tournament organized by a company I do a lot of business with for work. It's a way to thank their clients and to get ideas for promotional items. I told my rep that I didn't golf, but he insisted I come and play. After many talks he convinced me to come. I didn't know what to expect and have never seriously tried to do well. Thank heaven I could bring a co-worker who had experience so I didn't end up looking like an idiot (thanks Angie!). We ended up playing a scramble (don't know what that means go to this link) with another team. I had a few good shots but most ended up in the bushes and trees.



I felt like I was on Oprah's Favorite Things (except there wasn't screaming, crying, and people peeing their pants kind of way) because every 4th hole they had a gift for you.


At the end I got: 3 golf shirts, stadium blanket/seat, a metal water mug, Callaway golf bag, a really nice pen, hat, golf balls, tees, and bunch of other stuff I can't remember. Overall, I had a fun time. I was no pro, but felt like I pleased the golf gods above. I wouldn't mind going again, if someone would pay for me :)

No comments: