Sunday, January 10, 2010

Braces

I had a unfortunate event that has happened to me. A few months ago my permanent retainer broke off the bottom row of my teeth. I saved the retainer and went to my dentist here in Orem so he could reattach it to my teeth. Well, he thought it would be better if he created his own retainer and stuck that to my teeth. Over the past couple of months my teeth have been hurting and have noticed they've been moving. I made an appointment with my orthodontist in Bountiful so he can check out to see what's going on with my teeth. First, he told me that my dentist is an idiot, and second that the retainer he put on my teeth has completely moved all of my teeth on the bottom. He told me that he's going to put me in a retainer and then if that doesn't work then, braces are going to be my best friend for the next 6-7 months. I couldn't believe this. This is one of my worst nightmares. I sometimes have dreams that I have no teeth or that they're all messed up. I wake up feeling stressed and upset. I guess this nightmare has come true. I haven't had braces since 9th grade and remembering having to wear 5 rubber bands on my teeth at a time brings back memories of unpleasantness. P.S if you live in Orem, make sure you don't go to Dr. Keith Dodge.

5 comments:

Amber said...

lol! that sucks hon. i'm sorry i remember braces too and they are a nightmare. hopefully the retainer will work. love ya hon! i'll talk to you later.

Christina and Ryan said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you! You should sue him for any costs that you are accruing with your orthodontist in Bountiful, PLUS you could sue for emotional damages as well. A New York Jew would do that. I'd look into it.

Mrs. McCarthy said...

what about invisiline? I want that! ha I can't believe your dentist. Did you end up telling him he was wrong??

Jocelyn said...

Oh wow Courtney, I'm so sorry! I hope it turns out alright! I have to go to my ortho in the next month or so too and get him to take my permanent retainer off my bottom teeth and just get a removable retainer made because the permenent is ruining my bottom teeth. Good luck!

VessandAngie said...

This same thing happened to me! SO awful- stupid dentist. Lets play soon!