Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy 3rd Anniversary


McKay and I celebrated our 3rd Anniversary today by going to our favorite little place in Midway called the Blue Boar Inn. We spent yesterday working up a sweat by spending the day cross country skiing at Solider Hollow. It was our first time trying this high energized sport. I felt the effects of this activity this morning in my butt. Three years seems like a long time but it's flown by really fast. We laugh when someone asks us how are first year of marriage was because let's be honest, it wasn't the easiest. I had my someone ask me if I would do it all over again. I would definitely say yes! Most normal and smart people grow up and mature before they get married. Being a "child bride" at the young age of 19 I decided to take on this mission of getting married. I remember talking to an older woman when I worked at Nordstrom. She was asking me questions about myself. She told me how she served just got back from serving a mission. I admitted to her that I would have loved to serve a mission. She looked at me and took my hand and said, "Darling, you don't need to serve a mission; being married is a mission in itself."

It was a hard pill to swallow to know that the world didn't revolve around me. I had to grow and mature while being married. The great thing is that I had my best friend to help me through those hard times. Sometimes I felt like McKay acted like my father instead of my spouse. I learned more about myself then any other time in my life. I learned about my weaknesses and my strengths, and that I was not perfect. I learned that I need to listen more and sometimes keep my mouth shut (I'm still learning how to do this better). I feel blessed to have a person who had the patience and heart to stick with me while I had to grow up. Thanks Mckay. We've have had a fun ride so far. I can't wait to see what the next three years bring. Maybe a baby, maybe a house, maybe a career, and maybe be done with school.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm happy for you guys! i hope you have many happy years together.