Tuesday, September 15, 2009

America's Next Top Model Dream Fulfilled


Have you ever watched America's Next Top Model and thought to yourself, I could do so much better then those skinny biotches.  I use to think this until I moved and now we don't have that channel anymore.  Due to my short syndrome I could never be a runway model.  Having gourley thighs, I don't think the fashion industry has ever seen thighs touch on a model.  


Like the title says I was able to fulfill my dream of being America's Next Top Model.  Let me explain.....  My little sister Caitlin is on the Fashion Team for Allyse's Bridal.  If you have never heard of this place, it's a modest bridal and prom apparel store here in Utah.  I like to call them Mormon dresses.  Some of them are cute, but a lot of them are like beauty queen bedazzleness.  Anyway, Caitlin asked me if I would help her by being in their Homecoming Fashion Show  because her friends bailed out on her.  I wasn't too excited because I knew what I was getting myself into.  I had to go to a 3 hour Catwalk training.  There were 150 16 year old girls there.  I felt a little out of place especially how all of them talked how excited they were to go to their next dance.  I was excited to go home and do the dishes.  Well the fashion show went well.  I didn't fall on my face, and I remembered my steps, to smile, and to look cheesy.  

My bedazzled dress.  It kind of reminds me of the Pink Nightmare from A Christmas Story.

Poor Ralphie

My cousin Mariah 

I'm ready for Homecoming!

Caitlin walks too fast

I was so happy that McKay came to watch me.  Right before the show he was under his car fixing it.  He came grease stained, probably the last activity he would want to go to on a weekend, but he came and I love him for it!

The models

3 comments:

Sara said...

Can i just say how much i love you? I've been there and done that exact thing before and you are a GREAT big sister. God and the dress fairy should bless you.

Also we still need to go thrift shop shopping.

The Rasmussens said...

haha oh court you make me laugh! What a nice sister! We need to do something soon! love you!

Caitlin said...

Update your blog already, sister!