Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Our 4th of July was a busy one indeed, but we were able to squeeze in some much needed R&R and cleaning.  That morning McKay got up at 5:00 a.m. and met some friends from work to go on a bike ride that started from the mouth of Emigration Canyon and traveled through East Canyon, Morgan, South Weber Canyon, and back to Kaysville.  Crazy guy.  I had some other plans that morning.  My work has a parade float and they like to enter into local parades, because I'm in charge of this great endeavor I was able to be in two parades and throw candy and trinkets at people.  I took it easy by riding instead of walking.  




When I got home from the parades, McKay just got home from his bike ride.  We ate some lunch and watched some History Channel about Valley Forge and the the Revolutionary War, we like nerdy shows.  McKay and I both fell asleep for 2 1/2 hours.  We spent the rest of the afternoon tidying up the house.  We went over to my parents for a delicious Baby Back Rib BBQ complete with Fat Boys and other delicious foods.  Of course I ate like I was in a hot dog eating contest.  Did you hear about that on the news?  This guy ate 68 hot dogs and buns yesterday at the Nathan's Famous July 4th International Hot Dog Eating Contest.  How disgusting, I bet that guy was feeling some heartburn later that day.

Here are some pictures of our little growing family.      



After our BBQ we watched the Oak Ridge Country Club's fireworks on my Grandma's deck.  The best part about the day was going to bed early at 10:00 p.m.  Love holidays where I can take a nap, clean, and eat some good food.   

No comments: