Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quarter of a century!

Yep, that's right. I turned a quarter of a century on Sunday. As I've gotten older, birthday's aren't as a big deal as they used to be.  I prefer more quiet, down to earth celebrations then my crazy ethnic birthday parties I used to throw for myself when I was younger.  

Sunday morning I slept in until 9:00 a.m.  That like never happens in my life.  I woke up and could smell breakfast cooking in the kitchen.  I rolled over to expect to see the other half of the bed empty, to my surprise McKay was right there next to me sleeping. I thought to myself, who in the world is cooking downstairs?  I knew it wasn't Winston!  I woke up McKay and both of us walked downstairs to see our "room mate" Kevin and his girlfriend Shelley cooking breakfast.  As soon as they saw me they started to sing Happy Birthday to me. What a sweet surprise.  They cooked a delicious breakfast with fried hash browns, egg omelet, and healthy blueberry muffins.  It was a beautiful Sunday morning, sunny, and warm.  The most exciting thing about breakfast was I didn't have to clean up!  They were so sweet.  They even gave me a gift.  Thanks Kevin and Shelley for the great birthday gift.

Church was good.  I didn't have to give a lesson, so I could sit back, relax and learn.  I was able to sit with the sunbeams because all of the primary teachers were in a class together.  The entire time I was trying to teach one of the little sunbeams, that lifting her dress over her head wasn't lady like.  

After church we went over to my parents where my Grandpa and Grandma Craig and Auntie Caroline where there.  My Mom made one of her most delicious dishes, I don't know why, but we call it Hearty Polenta. After we stuffed ourselves we sat down together as a family and digested.  I noticed McKay had some evidence left over in his teeth. He looked funny, so I took a picture of him.  


It wasn't long before we were ready for the famous Craig Cake.  It's Angel Food Cake with a whipped cream frosting with strawberries folded into it.  




I opened a few gifts.  I got some maternity pants and a shirt (thank you Mom, you noticed how I was popping out of my clothes during our trip to Oregon).  Thank you Auntie Caroline for the chocolate covered gummy bears.  Caitlin and I ate all of them in one sitting.  They were delicious.                 

No comments: