I've been dying to tell you this, but have patiently waiting until the right time to do so. It's official, McKay and I will be moving and buying our first home! We're very very excited, a little sad, but mostly excited.
I told all of you how McKay got a job at L3 Communications in December and he's been commuting all the way up by the airport everyday. Because he has to work ten hours days and it takes around a hour and a half to get home, I don't see him until 9:00 p.m. every night. We knew that this wasn't going to work for us.
Mid December we were causally looking around for houses in Davis County area. I grew up in Centerville and we really like the area. We were only looking for two weeks when we found this house in Kaysville. It had everything we would ever want and dream, it was within our price range, and it had a great neighborhood. We thought, let's put an offer on it and see what happens. Not really thinking much about it.
Three days later we found out that the sellers had accepted it. We were really surprised. We did the inspection and found out that there were some things that needed to be fixed: furnace needed to be replaced and there was water damage on the roof and chimney. We asked the sellers to fix these things and to pay for the closing costs. A few days later we found out from our Realtor that the sellers were going to fix everything and pay closing costs. We couldn't believe it! We've heard about so many horror stories about people purchasing houses and we couldn't believe how easy our experience has been. We found out this week that the loan has been accepted so we've been busy letting our landlord, my work, ward, and close friends how we'll be moving mid February.
This means that we'll be moving from Orem and were a little sad. I've lived her for almost 6 years now and at first never thought I would say I liked it here. It has grown on me over the years and am sad to leave our ward, friends, family, racquetball buddies, job, and everything that's familiar to me.
This past year we were faced with two decisions: to have McKay leave school or to try to get a job during the bad economy? Both of these decisions had very different paths, and both were good options. We didn't know which decision would be the best one to take. We felt that we could make the decision on our own but soon realized we weren't receiving any direction. This made us feel a lot of doubt, discouragement, and uncertainty. We came to a point where we felt compelled to do what the Lord had planned for us. We put the decision in the Lord’s hands and are willing and humble to accept any answer. I know the Lord wants us to be in Kaysville and I'm excited to start our new life. McKay and I have been so blessed this year and this experience taught us to have more humility in my life. It’s made me more grateful an
d closer to my Heavenly Father where I feel the need to rely on him every day.
I'm excited to paint my walls, decorate the way I want, plant a garden, have a garage, play music as loud as we want, having a place that's 4 times bigger then our 600 sq ft apartment, and I can get a kitty!