Wednesday, April 1, 2009

22 and Cholesterol


Yesterday I got some disturbing news. Last week I went to the Dr to get a yearly check up, pap smear, and some blood work done. I get a phone call from the Dr and he told me that everything is fine but he said that my Cholesterol was extremely high. Healthy is 200 and under, I was at 222! I was so upset! I can't believe at the young age of 22 you can have high cholesterol, I thought only old people got this. He told me because my family has a history of high blood pressure and cholesterol that it's most likely due to genetics. As soon as I had a free moment I went onto WebMD to find as much information about it. This freaks me out because I do eat relatively healthy, I exercise regularly, and I'm not overweight. This had opened my eyes that life is too short and I want to make sure I take care of this so I don't get short changed any years off of my life!

2 comments:

The Razon's said...

that is shocking! I swear you are as healthy as can be!

mare said...

court- i heard you got the job!!! congrats. that will be so wonderful for you guys. cant wait to hear all about it.