Friday, April 26, 2013

I'll SNAP! to that






Last weekend I felt really lucky to be able to go to SNAP! a bloggers conference for very very very creative people.  I felt so lucky to go with my three famous friends/ coworkers.  It was nice to take a break for a couple days from being a mother, wife, housekeeper, dog caretaker, errand runner, and task list obsessed person that I am.   

When I was helping out with Build Your Blog Conference, I was doing the behind the scenes and didn't get to go to any of the classes or get to sit down and take it all in.  I was running around like a cray cray lady taking pictures, making sure everyone and everything was running smoothly.  

It was nice to be able to enjoy the moment and take in all of the creativity and inspiration.  I didn't know what to expect at the conference.  Know I feel like I can give some advice from a first timer to a newbie.  I made a list of things to make sure you bring:

Camille told me to be ready for a lot of parties, late nights and no sleep, way elaborate and creative business cards, meeting a lot of new people, and having a lot of fun.  I can do that!  Now I feel like what to expect 

It was definitely all of that but not only did I gain a lot of knowledge about Google+, how to take better pictures on your camera, why to collaborate with brands, how to brand myself, the endless possibilities of Instagram, how to throw a party that WOWS!, how to reupholster, make a sewing pattern and craft.  But what I gained was more confidence that I need to pursue my dreams, wishes, and ambitions.  It gave me the push to take my life and the things I want to do to the next level.  I need to make time for the things in my life that are important to me, instead of always trying to do everything and feeling like I do everything mediocre. 

One great and fabulous thing happened to me. I freakin won a reupholstered chair from Brooke from All Things Thrifty!  Her and her husband taught the upholstery class.  They work so efficiently together!  You can tell they have a great marriage.  I was almost in tears because I never win anything!  I took an awkward family photo with them in the picture.  The chair is currently residing in my craft room aka "laundry room".   


I met a lot of great people, but here are some of my favorites I had the pleasure of having a great conversation with:

Kristen from Jessica Sprague 
Lindi from Love-the-day
Michelle from Maddy Cakes Muse
Heidi from Honey Bear Lane
Diana Smith from Livy Love Designs
Becki from Whippy Cake


Diana from Livy Love Design


A sister sandwich from Nat and Holly from My Sisters' Suitcase




1 comment:

Nat and Holly said...

I love your cute post and pics Courtney!! I wish we would have had more time to hang out with you :( I really need to go makeup shopping with you the next time I am in town. It's a date, k? You are darling!!