Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Mystery of the Missing Mentholatum


Every morning and night I swipe a daub of Mentholatum on my lips to keep them from peeling off during the winter. I call it a curse, but McKay likes to call his very good sense of smell a special power. For an example, I could be in our bathroom rubbing Mentholatum on my lips while McKay is in the bedroom, about ten seconds later I can hear him complaining how bad that crap I put on my lips smells. McKay likes to call my Mentholatum, "McKay Repellent." One night he got so sick and tired of the smell he threatened to take my jar of Mentholatum and hide it so I couldn't use it anymore. I thought McKay was being ridiculous.
One night right before I was to fall into a deep slumber, I realized that my jar of Mentholatum wasn't on my bedside table. I looked around and found it in the back of my drawer of my dresser. I thought, "Why in the heck would it be there?" I found out that McKay hid it from me. A couple days later I'm walking inside our apartment, I could see that our blinds weren't drawn. In the corner of the window seal I see my jar of Mentholatum sitting there. I thought why is it there? Then I remembered that McKay has had this goal of trying to get rid of "McKay Repellent." Tonight as I got in bed I accidentally found the Mentholatum underneath our covers. I told him that he'll never be able to get rid of my favorite thing of swiping good ole Mentholatum to keep my lips soft and supple.

No comments: